Complying with the AODA Accessible Customer Service Standard
It's about treating everyone with respect and dignity and it is as simple as asking: "How may I help you?"
The Municipality of West Grey is committed to working towards being compliant with all standards under the AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005) as they are introduced. As a public sector organization, compliance to the legislation became effective on January 1, 2010.
What the Municipality has done to comply:
- Developed an "Accessible Customer Service Standards Under The Accessibility For Ontarians With Disabilities Act Legislation" Policy.
- Trained Staff (full - and part-time), volunteers and elected officials
- Ensured that contractors and any other people who interact with the public , in connection with the Municipality, are familiar with the Municipality's accessible customer service practices
- Reviewed departmental operational practices
- Provided ways in which the public can provide feedback to the Municipality
Mandatory training included:
- The purpose of the Act
- How to interact with people with various disabilities
- How to interact with people who use a service animal or support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing service
- Details on the Municipalityâ€™s accessibility policy, procedures and practices
What is the practice for assistive devices, service animals and support persons?
- Individual may use assistive devices to access good and services provided by the Municipality
- Service animal and dog guides are permitted in areas that are open to the public and are permitted to assist customers in accessing goods and services, unless prohibited by law.
- Support persons are welcome to attend and participate in goods and services provided by the Municipality. Depending on the service area and the activity, an admission fee may be required.
Notification Regarding Disruption of Service
In the event of planned disruptions at any West Grey Municipal facility, service or system, a notice will be posted on this web site and at the affected facilityâ€™s location.
The Municipality of West Grey is striving to provide excellent accessible customer service and welcome public input. It helps to identify areas where changes need to be considered and ways in which we can improve the delivery of goods and services. The Municipality of West Grey offers a variety of ways for people to provide us with feedback. Please include your contact information, date and time, location, specific concern and any recommendations.
Feedback Form: available on this web site or at the West Grey Municipal Office
The Municipality of West Grey
402813 Grey Road 4, RR2