Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2023 08:00 AM
Take Notice that the Corporation of the Municipality of West Grey hereby gives notice of the intention to enact a bylaw to stop up and close a portion of the unopened road allowance legally described as part 1 of part of division 2 of lot 27 concession 1, East of Garafraxa Road in the geographic Township of Glenelg, Municipality of West Grey, County of Grey, being all of PIN 37320-0202.
The bylaw to stop up and close the subject lands will be considered by council at their meeting being held in...
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023 03:08 PM
Please be advised that from May 22-26, 2023, you may see StreetScan scooters and vehicles on municipal sidewalks and roads.
To help improve the conditions of our streets and sidewalks the Municipality of West Grey has partnered with StreetScan, a Montreal-based company that has assessed streets in over 100 communities in North America.
StreetScan employs vehicle-mounted sensing technologies to assess road and sidewalk conditions. The systems determine the health of each sidewalk and road by...
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023 11:06 AM
- Council received a delegation from Josef Silnica respecting a request to keep a pet goat.
- Council declared a baseball tournament event as being municipally significant. The tournament will take place at the Ayton Ball Park from July 28 to July 30, 2023. The baseball tournament is intended to provide family fun for the community while raising funds for playground equipment for the Normanby Community School.
- The Durham BIA received council support to start a Farmers’ Market in Durham. The Farmers’...
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2023 03:14 PM
- West Grey Durham Lions Club members provided information on the Saugeen Summer Night event that will be held in Durham on September 9, 2023. Council declared the event as being municipally significant and encouraged residents to attend.
- Sarah Pelton, Community Safety and Well-Being Planning (CSWBP) Coordinator provided an update on goals and objectives for social development, prevention, risk intervention, and incident response in Grey and Bruce counties.
- Council received a delegation from Roman...
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023 08:56 AM
On April 28, 2023, the National Day of Mourning, workplaces across Canada will pause, reflect, and remember those who lost their lives, suffered injury or illness on the job, or experienced a work-related tragedy. This day also highlights the importance of safe work and preventing further tragedies.
“This day reminds us that one injury, illness or death is one too many,” said Mayor Kevin Eccles. “Let’s turn our attention to prevention, so that all can be safe on the job.”
West Grey will be flying...