Council meeting highlights - March 21, 2023
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023 01:36 PM
- Council received a delegation from Hazel Pratt, Chesley Hospital Community Support Committee and directed staff to send a letter of support to the Chesley Hospital Community Support Committee.
- Council received correspondence from the Township of Southgate respecting a resolution of support from the Municipality of Arran-Elderslie requesting a tile drainage loan program review. Council directed staff to forward a letter of support to the Premier of Ontario, the Minister of Agriculture, Food and...
Notice of intention to pass amendment to the fees and charges bylaw
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023 04:10 PM
Please be advised that the Corporation of the Municipality of West Grey intends to adopt an amendment to fees and charges bylaw 45-2021, in accordance with subsection 391(1) of theMunicipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25.
The amendment to the fees and charges bylaw includes the following:
- Change the prime-time ice rental to October 1 to March 31 in the calendar year; and
- Change the summer ice time period to April 1 to September 30 in the calendar year.
The meeting at which the bylaw will be presented...
Council meeting highlights - March 7, 2023
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2023 03:24 PM
- Council received a delegation from Michael Pahor, Nuclear Waste Management Organization and Steve Travale, Municipality of South Bruce respecting Adaptive Phased Management (APM) for the long-term management of used nuclear fuel.
- Council received a delegation from John Lamberts and Ann Hagedorn of the Glenelg Nordic Ski Club respecting the Glenelg Klondyke Forest.
- Council received a delegation from Dianne Booker of the Grey County Federation of Agriculture (GCFA) respecting an update on the GCFA.
West Grey’s 2023 budget invests in infrastructure and community
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2023 11:58 AM
WEST GREY, ON – At the regular council meeting on Tuesday March 7, 2023, West Grey council passed the 2023 municipal budget. The approved budget focuses on maintaining infrastructure, investing in community development and delivering municipal programs and services to West Grey’s growing community.
“The 2023 budget balances the maintenance of municipal services with sound investments into the future of our community,” said Mayor Kevin Eccles. “I want to thank council for their...
Notice of public meeting and intention to pass a bylaw to adopt the 2023 budget
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2023 01:00 PM
Please be advised that the council of the Corporation of the Municipality of West Grey intends to hold a public meeting and pass a bylaw to adopt the 2023 budget.
The details of the meeting are as follows:Date: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 Time: 9 a.m. Location: West Grey Council Chambers, 402813 Grey Road 4, ON N0G 1R0
The meeting can be viewed during and after the meeting on theWest Grey’s YouTube page.
Oral and written comments will be considered at the public meeting....