Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023 10:38 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WEST GREY, ON – Deputy Fire Chief Shawn Edwards is calling on all residents of West Grey to test their smoke alarms on September 28 as part of Test Your Smoke Alarm Day. Be prepared to be Saved by the Beep with a working smoke alarm – it is your best chance to keep you and your family safe in the event of a fire.
West Grey is joining communities across Ontario on September 28 by asking everyone to take a minute to ensure that there are working smoke alarms...
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2023 03:50 PM
For Immediate Release
Public Invited to Information Centre on Floodplain Mapping Study: A Joint Initiative by Saugeen Conservation, Municipality of West Grey, and D.M. Wills Associates Limited
Aiming to strengthen community resilience and safety, Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority (SVCA), in collaboration with the Municipality of West Grey and D.M. Wills Associates Limited, has initiated a vital study focused on updating the floodplain mapping in the Durham Creek area. This initiative...
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023 09:30 AM
September 22, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Citing the longstanding and increasing closures of local emergency departments in Chesley, Walkerton and Durham, the three municipalities are calling for provincial support to immediately address the chronic staffing shortages and corresponding community impact.
“When emergency departments close in our three communities, paramedic and emergency services are redirected to neighbouring hospitals. These hospitals are further away and impacted by...
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2023 09:28 AM
- Council received a delegation from Erik Downing, Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority respecting category 3 programs and services for the Municipality of West Grey. Council directed staff to bring forward a report on category 3 cost apportioning agreements with the Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority.
- Council received correspondence from the Municipality of Brockton respecting the Saugeen Municipal Airport partnership. Council directed staff to provide a report on all aspects of the airport...
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2023 10:47 AM
- Council received a delegation from Sue Godfrey respecting health and safety concerns with the road conditions of Concession 2 SDR.
- Council directed staff to send a letter of non-objection for the discharge of restricted firearms to the Chief Firearms Office of Ontario so that members of the Cowboy Mounted Shooting Association (CMSA) can train their horses for competitive sport.
- Council received a report respecting a grant to conduct a 2023 compensation market check and approved the recommended 15...